30 Nov Cancer Immunotherapy – With Natural Killer Cells
• NK cells are a type of lymphocyte (a white blood cell) and a component of innate immune system.
• NK cells play a major role in the host-rejection of both tumours and virally infected cells.
• NK are able to detect abnormal cells and direct-ly kill them without any specific antigens.
• NK cells regulate immune and inflammatory re-sponses by inducing the activity of acquired im-mune cells (Dendritic cell, T-cell, B-cell)
• NK cells effectively inhibits the proliferation, recurrence, and metastasis of cancer cells.